Here's a question I get asked all the time. How often should I clean my window treatments?




There isn't any right or wrong answer.  However, here are some questions to ask yourself when deciding on the frequency of cleaning your window treatments:

  • Do I suffer from allergies including dust?
  • Do I have asthma?
  • Is my room exposed to lots of dust?
  • Is my room facing a busy street or is it located in the back of the house? 
  • Do I regularly vacuum my window treatments?  For e.g every 3 months?
  • Do I consider buying window treatment an investment?  Yes, they are an investment.
  • Am I meticulous about the care and cleaning of my home and its contents?
  • Is there construction going on nearby?
To prolong the life of your window treatments you need to regularly clean them bottomline.  Vacuuming your window treatments is the easiest thing you can do to prolong the life span and keep the dust off.  Window treatments include unlined draperies, lined draperies, lined and interlined draperies, sheer curtains, valances, shades, wood and faux wood blinds, vertical blinds, woven woods, roller shades, solar shades, Austrian shades, Roman shades, Balloon shades,  swags and cascades, cornices.

Now, If you are thinking of cleaning them yourself, here are a few things to consider....
  • Do I have the time to clean them?
  • Do I have the mobility to reach and clean them?
  • Am I going to ruin them if I try to clean them?
  • Is vacuuming enough to keep them clean?
It's very important that you vacuum, dust or wipe your window treatment but getting them professionally cleaned yearly is ideal.  Getting them professionally cleaned freshens the fabric and adds the natural lustre back to the material.  That's where www.onsitedrapery-cleaning.com can take care of the cleaning for you.  Onsite Drapery Cleaning, LLC offers regular maintenance cleaning plans for all your window treatments.   We also offer cleaning maintenance plans for privacy curtains.  Go online to schedule your cleaning today at www.onsitedrapery-cleaning.com  One added bonus to our commercial customers is that we keep all their cleaning certificates in a digital vault should they ever need them after we have issued the original certificate.  If you are looking for someone to handle the care and cleaning of your window treatments be sure to do your research before deciding.

Comments

Popular Posts